Buying 100% grass-fed meat is the most important choice you can make when it comes to purchasing meat. Grass-fed meats benefit your health, animal health and welfare, the environment, and puts your money towards feeding your family vitamin packed, healthy meats providing budget savings in the long run. And your taste buds will thank you for the robust, gourmet flavour!
- Grass-fed meats are lower in calories and saturated fats.
- While our modern diets provide a ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 of up to1:18, Grass-fed meats have a tighter ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids, about 1:4. These very important essential fatty acids need to be in our diet and in the appropriate ratio. Health benefits may include reduced blood pressure, healthy heart and brain functions, slowed cancer growth and a strong immune system.
- CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) is produced by beneficial gut bacteria in the rumen of grass-eating ruminants and helps defend against cancer and diabetes as well as turn fat into lean muscle tissue. Grass-fed meat can contain double the amount of CLA found in conventional meat.
- Vitamins A to Z: Grass-fed meat is a good source of Vitamins A, E, B12, Zinc, Phoosphorous, carnitine, co-enzyme Q10, Iron and Beta Carotene.
- What you are NOT likely to find in grass-fed meat is the dangerous, acid-tolerant, mutated E. Coli 0157-H7 strain. It is more likely found in Grain fed cattle due to the higher stomach acidity from their grain diet, which promotes the presence of the mutated E. Coli strain.
- NO nitrates, nitrites, antibiotics, preservatives, added hormones, pesticides, GMO feeds, or animal by-products.
*Sausages may contain minimal amounts of nitrites, found in the curing salts
For more nutritional information go to Weston A. Price Foundation.
Animal Friendly Farming
- On pasture animals can express their natural behavior and exercise. And they breathe clean air.
- On a natural grass-diet without grains, animals grow slower and remain healthier throughout their lives.
- No added hormones to speed up growth.
Good for the environment
- Reduced tillage in pastures and fields, which produce animal feed, reduces C02 emission, improves air quality, reduces fuel consumption and improves microbial soil life
- Preserves wildlife habitat and insects and birds flourish because manure is free from chemicals, hormones and antibiotics
- Our manure is a blessing. It is used to fertilize the fields, and does not create a waste problem.
- Healthy organic soils in pastures need less precious water
Good money sense: Working on a tight budget?
- Food produced on healthy, rich, organic soils contains nutrients, which are easy to absorb because they are unprocessed and natural, eliminating the need for costly supplements
- Grass-fed meat is part of a balanced diet to maintain good health, thus reducing the risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes, arthritis and other costly chronic diseases
- Dry aged and grass-fed meat does not contain excess water and excess fat and does not shrink
- The cost of the meat truly reflects the true cost of raising animals without compromising the land, water and air. It is “Fair Trade”, not damaging the environment for future generations and compromising human health.
- There are many options to be smart about buying our meat : bulk is cheaper than paying individual cut prices, take advantage of Farmers Market Specials and Volume Discounts. Please feel free to give us a call and we will help you maximize your budget.
A difference you can taste!
- Our animals are grass-fed their whole lives! This makes the meat taste the way it used to taste before we had feedlots and factory farms.
- Our meat is dry-aged and cut to retail quality…..satisfaction guaranteed
- The meat is processed locally minimizing transport stress.
- The small butcher facility allows for customization options for our customers.